In this statement "we", "us" and "our" means Tango Energy Pty Ltd (ABN 43 155 908 839) and our related bodies corporate.
Our contact details are available at www.tangoenergy.com/contact-us or you can email us at [email protected].
In this statement, “credit-related information” means credit information, credit eligibility information and CRB derived information as those terms are defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
We collect, use, hold and disclose credit-related information about you for the purposes of assessing your creditworthiness (or the creditworthiness of your related company or other entity that is to be our customer) in connection with your application for us to sell energy to you (or your related company or other entity) and to process payments for our supply of energy.
You consent to us undertaking a consumer and/or commercial credit check on you in connection with any credit to be provided to you (or to your related company or other entity) or any credit which you agree to guarantee. If you offer to, or we request that you, guarantee any credit provided to your related company or other entity, we may use your credit-related information to assess your suitability as a guarantor of that credit.
We may also:
- use and disclose this credit-related information in order to conduct a credit assessment on you and to decide whether to provide you (or your related company or other entity) with products and services on credit;
- obtain a credit rating or credit assessment score about you from a credit reporting body and/or derive our own score, and then use this score in assessing your credit worthiness for the purposes listed above;
- if your application is successful, use your credit-related information to manage our business or other relationship with you (or your related company or other entity) and to arrange payment for the energy and other services that we supply [(including to enforce any guarantees if applicable)];
- disclose this credit-related information to third parties, including credit reporting bodies and other credit providers;
- collect credit-related information about you from the credit reporting bodies that we deal with and from other credit providers who have provided credit to you;
- conduct searches of publicly available information relating to you, or make informal enquiries of your trade creditors, in order to determine who else may provide credit to you. We may then contact these other credit providers and collect credit-related information and other information about you from them;
- if requested, disclose credit-related information that we hold about you to these other credit providers;
- disclose your credit-related information and your personal information to our related companies and to third parties, including debt collectors, credit management agencies, other credit providers, credit reporting bodies and government bodies and regulatory authorities (where required or authorised by law); and
- disclose your information to third party service providers who provide services to us or who provide services to you on our behalf.
Credit reporting bodies collect a range of credit-related information about individuals and use that information to provide a credit-related service to their customers (which include us). The credit reporting body that we use is Equifax (https://www.equifax.com.au/contact). You can contact Equifax or visit their website to view their policies on the management of credit information, including details of how to access the credit information that they hold about you.
Where we disclose your credit-related information to these credit reporting bodies, they may include this information in reports that they subsequently provide about you to other credit providers in order to assist those entities to assess your credit worthiness. You have a right to obtain a copy of the credit reporting policies of any credit reporting bodies that we disclose your credit-related information to. If you would like to obtain a copy of any of these policies, you should contact the relevant credit reporting body directly.
If you (or your related company or other entity):
- do not pay for the energy or other services that we provide in accordance with our agreement with you (or your related company or other entity that is our customer);
- defraud us or try to do so; or
- otherwise commit a serious credit infringement,
then we may disclose details of these defaults to the credit reporting bodies that we deal with. If we need to take these steps, this may affect your ability to obtain a loan or other credit in the future.
You have a right to access the credit-related information that we hold about you, to request the correct of that credit-related information and to make a complaint about our handling of your credit-related information. More information about how to access and correct the credit-related information that we hold about you and how to lodge a complaint relating to our treatment of your credit-related information (and how we will or you may obtain a copy in an alternative format by contacting us using the details set out at the top of this statement.
You also have a right to request that credit reporting bodies do not use any credit-related information held by them for the purposes of pre-screening any direct marketing by credit providers. If you would like to make such a request, please contact the credit reporting bodies directly.
If you believe that you have been a victim of fraud or identity theft, you have a right to contact the credit reporting bodies and ask them not to disclose your credit-related information. If you would like to make such a request, please contact the credit reporting bodies directly.