Crowlands Sustainable Communities Fund
Pacific Hydro’s Crowlands Sustainable Communities Fund shares the benefits of Crowlands Wind Farm with the surrounding communities, providing long-lasting social, economic and environmental benefits.
Since the commissioning of Crowlands Wind Farm in 2019, the Fund has provided more than $226,000 to 33 local sustainable projects. The Crowlands Sustainable Communities Fund is a part of Pacific Hydro’s Community Benefit Sharing Program, which has provided more than $4.9 million to over 1000 projects across Australia since 2005.
The combined Ararat and Crowlands Sustainable Communities Fund will open for applications in 2023. For more information or to be added to our contact list to be notified when fund dates are released, please email our Community Engagement team at: [email protected]
Congratulations to the grantees of the 2021 Crowlands Sustainable Communities fund:
- Crowlands Hall and Reserves Committee – Crowlands Playground Shade Sail, Part 2
- Crowlands Warrak Landcare Group – Platypus Monitoring, Outdoor Trail Cameras
- Crowlands Tennis Club – Safe seating
- Crowlands Hall and Reserves Committee – Bench Tops for kitchen
- Amphitheatre Mechanics Institute – Upgrade Air Conditioning
- Beaufort Progress Association – Pyrenees Markets Project: Weekend Markets in The Pyrenees
- Barkly Community Hall Committee – Barkly Basketball/Netball Half-Court
- Elmhurst Mechanics Institute – Restoration of Original Wooden Floor
- Landsborough & District Bowls Club – Landsborough Lawn Bowls Lights Up
- Lexton Public Hall Committee – New Oven
- Perennial Pasture Systems – PPS sound equipment
Fund Allocation Panel
All eligible applications are reviewed by a fair and transparent panel. This process ensures community involvement in how funds are allocated and maintains the integrity of the program. The Fund Allocation Panel consists of a local council representative, members of the local community, and Pacific Hydro staff.
If you would like to represent your community on the Panel, please read the Terms of Reference, then complete and return the Expression of Interest Form.
Participation provides valuable insight into the application process and more information about activities in your local community.
To learn more about the types of projects who have received support from Pacific Hydro in other host communities, check out our publication, Local Good – A decade of support for sustainable communities.